Saturday, February 20, 2010

Br i g h t S T A R

Yesterday I stumbled upon production shots of which I now call one of my favourite movies ever-
B r i g h t s t a r
I wrote a very involved post about Bright Star a while ago, but I thought these images were just so beautiful, they needed their own post (+ their own poem! Keates' Bright Star, the poem from which the film takes it's name) These pictures are just so pretty, they make me so happy.
Bright star, would I were stedfast as thou art---
Not in lone splendour hung aloft the night
And watching, with eternal lids apart,
Like nature's patient, sleepless Eremite,
The moving waters at their priestlike task
Of pure ablution round earth's human shores,
Or gazing on the new soft-fallen mask
Of snow upon the mountains and the moors---
No---yet still stedfast, still unchangeable,
Pillowed upon my fair love's ripening breast,
To feel for ever its soft fall and swell,
Awake for ever in a sweet unrest,
Still, still to hear her tender-taken breath,
And so live ever---or else swoon in death.
a u revoir

No comments: