Sunday, March 22, 2009

I've been lacking...


pictured: shiny new jacket and the lovely trendy little wanker Hugh of the epically awesome music blog http://tableninemutants.blogspot.com/ ( this blog is actually amazing-check it out)


I think Vince Noir is the only one who can explain my current mood ( and reason for non-bloggage of late) : FASHION BLOCK.
I'm frustrated as all I can think of these days in Cory Kennedy, Effy from skins, tights as pants... and shock horror.. pants instead of skirts! I feel bad. I'm just not really a big fan of change- Ive been so opposed to pants and shorts, t-shirts, and over sized things for so long- not that they are not lovely, I always wore them, but I added my own little bit to them , like a bow tie, or a flower comb in my hair, a big, bow headband, or shiny stockings or knee-highs, something to tie in my extremely feminine, ethereal look with a more tomboyish, and common item of clothing...
On the plus side, last week I got those lovely Jonathan Aston socks ( in black- not as satisfying...but only colour available) and... A SHINY JACKET ( for only $30 from a vintage market). I wore it to a lovely party on Saturday night. ( hence the pictures- I am also wearing the ballerina dress from a few blogs back)
Here's whats on my mind:

sure changes of style are inevitable... but I rather liked my style- I just need some lovely whimsical, dainty and lilac goodness. On the contrary, next blog: scruffy British style- kitsch ( yet somehow chic) trashy-goodness.

5 comments:

Ellie said...

Wow, that jacket was a really good find. It looks really good. Sorry about your fashion blockage. Hopefully you will soon overcome it.

The feather fleurette said...

oh i hope so! I usually just need one new item of clothing and it inspires me so much and tends to change things..so hopeully ill find one soon. thankyou though, so lovely!

Anonymous said...

i reallllllllly realllly love that dress .. where did you get it.
ps.. hang out soon ??xx

Anonymous said...

i commiserate- all the florals and lace in my wardrobe have blended into one (rather pretty) entity and i am stuck.

hopefully you'll come unstuck, though, fashion ruts are never fun. :/

hugh- said...
This comment has been removed by the author.