Wednesday, December 16, 2009

denim cut offs ++


The lovely Rhiannon from Liebemarlene vintage ( in pictures above) did about a post on denim cut-offs the other day that I found so lovely! So lovely in fact, that I decided to write one myself.

I think cut-offs are exactly what I sort of need at the moment, with it being summer and all. For some reason, it doesn't really feel like the summer that I usually have. That carefree, schoolwork -less-ness that I love during the summer holidays where I am free from constricting uniforms and able to paint my nails and wear my hair out everyday just hasn't arrived yet. It is probably because these holidays are not really like all the others Ive had due to year twelve being evil, and all the school work I have to do over the holidays...ah well! Hopefully with the adding of more summer clothing to my wardrobe, I will start to feel a little bit more summer-ey!

(In picture: The amazing Alexa Chung)
I love how these girls make the cut-offs look dainty and different, with the addition of prettier elements like stockings, feminine coats, and Edwardian collars! Although they styled theirs for winter, I'm sure I will be able to work something out for summer...such as the addition of pretty blouses, a boater hat and sweet shoes!
au revoir.

No comments: