Sunday, December 19, 2010

'Somewhere'

S O M E W H E R E


I am really looking forward to seeing Sofia Coppola's new film "Somewhere."
Sofia Coppola is pretty much my favorite director, she has only made four features (including 'Somewhere') but I love the films she has made so much! I love the simplicity of her stories, and how she carries the simplicity through the entire film, in terms of costume, set and cinematography.
She also has just about the best taste in music, too...any one who has heard 'The Virgin Suicides" soundtrack (which she collaborated with Air on) you would know what I'm talking about.
'Somewhere' promises to be just as amazing as her previous flicks, with her long-time partner, Pheonix band member, Thomas Mars creating an all-original soundtrack...
excited!
The costuming of the film's female protagonist "Cleo" played by Elle Fanning is so beautiful as well...sure, she's eleven years old, but it wouldn't hurt anyone to take a style note from her feminine, minimalistic wardrobe. Here are some pictures from the film!




The trailer features one of my favourite songs, Julian Casablancas' slower version of The Strokes song "You Only Live Once";
"I'll try Anything Once" which just sets the perfect tone for the film...
Watch the trailer below and try and tell me you aren't interested in 'Somewhere' if for nothing else for the cinematography which looks just as dreamy and playful as The Virgin Suicides!

au revoir!

No comments: