Tuesday, October 11, 2011

lonelyHEARTS

Lonely H E A R T S aw2011

Lonely Hearts is one of those fantastic southern hemisphere labels that highlight the talent we have around here. I really loved their past two collections, but I think this one is my favorite they have ever done. Even though we have just come into spring, the pallete evokes memories of early Autumn afternoons where it's not quite cold or warm...kind of like the Sydney weather right now. The collection was inspired by 'The Matrix' and thank god I don't really see any obvious allusions to that as I'm not the biggest fan of the androgynous-to-the-point-of-painstakingly-ugly costumes the ladies wore in that film.
What I see instead is a 60's influence in the boat neck jumpers, a perfect balance of masculine and feminie throughout and lots of beautiful Lonely Hearts' dressess which the label has come to be known for. I hope I'll be able to get my hands on the black sweater and the sheer, navy dress below...they are magical!

au revoir x

1 comment:

Mary said...

I've only just discovered your blog, and I think its lovely!! I love Lonely Hearts too :)